Running a highly ethical, efficient, and effective advocacy or care management practice means relying on best practices, tried, true, and tested.
This course covers best practices in a variety of business and client-focused areas:
- Managing your practice (legal, financial, insurance)
- Client Service best practices
- Marketing best practices
- Personal, professional best practices
Choose this course: to help you better manage your practice in all the ways mentioned above.
Take this Course:
- If you are preparing to take the BCPA certification exam (from the Patient Advocate Certification Board, PACB) this course may help you eliminate some answers, or choose a better answer.
- If you must earn continuing education (CEs / CEUs) for maintenance of your BCPA certification, this course is worth 2.0 ethics CEs.
- If you want a clear understanding of advocacy and care management best practices, and how they will improve your ability to run your business while you serve clients.
Course ID: 802
Instructor: Trisha Torrey
Components: 6 lessons, 3 quizzes/assessments, resources, and a Summary QRG (Quick Resource Guide)
Cost: $49 (Advanced Course) for just this course or pair this course with (801) The Ethics of Patient Advocacy for $79 in total.
Pre-Requisites or Requirements: Use of a desktop computer or mobile device.
Amount of Time to Complete: 2 – 2.5 hours
CEs: 2 Ethics CEs for BCPA