Running a highly ethical, efficient, and effective advocacy or care management practice means relying on best practices, tried, true, and tested.
This course covers best practices in a variety of business and client-focused areas:
- Managing your practice (legal, financial, insurance)
- Client Service best practices
- Marketing best practices
- Personal, professional best practices
It will help you run your business, treat your clients and work with them well, acquire new clients, and further your own career, in the most ethical, effective, and efficient ways.
Choose this course: to help you better manage your practice in all the ways mentioned above.
Take this Course:
- If you are preparing to take the BCPA certification exam (from the Patient Advocate Certification Board, PACB) this course may help you eliminate some answers, or choose a better answer.
- If you must earn continuing education (CEs / CEUs) for maintenance of your BCPA certification, this course is worth 2.0 ethics CEs.
- If you want a clear understanding of advocacy and care management best practices, and how they will improve your ability to run your business while you serve clients.
Course ID: 802
Instructor: Trisha Torrey
Components: 6 lessons, 3 quizzes/assessments, resources, and a Summary QRG (Quick Resource Guide)
Cost: $49 (Advanced Course) for just this course or pair this course with (801) The Ethics of Patient Advocacy for $79 in total.
Pre-Requisites or Requirements: Use of a desktop computer or mobile device.
Amount of Time to Complete: 2 – 2.5 hours
CEs: 2 Ethics CEs for BCPA