This course is new and has not yet been rated.
- Understand the body of knowledge the Patient Advocate Certification Board has developed to guide patient advocacy practice
- Learn what you need to know about an independent practitioner’s best practices to prepare for your BCPA exam
Advocacy is a broad practice with advocates working in various areas – the exam tests the fundamentals of the practice that all advocates are expected to uphold. This course can be part of an introduction to patient advocacy practice for people who are new to advocacy. It can also serve as a refresher to help more seasoned advocates on the basics as they grow in the practice.
This course is meant to:
- Complement the body of knowledge that the Patient Advocate Certification Board has published on its website for people preparing to sit for the certification exam
- Serve as foundational information for people preparing to enter patient advocacy practice
- Help you recognize knowledge gaps and areas that may need additional study